This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rear View Mirror and Current To-Do List


I stuck the fitting for the rear view mirror on the windsceen last night. I'm hoping Laurel won't make me take it off and do it again because I was a fraction too sparing with the silicone and it missed a tiny bit at the bottom of the fitting. That will teach me to ignore youtube advice that says to be sparing. It won't matter to the mirror staying on, but if you look closely from the outside you can see it.

This list waxes and wanes but this is the to-do list as it stands during August (I'm updating this list as each item gets done - press F5 with Windows to refresh your browser).
The priority column has an asterrisk for things I need to do to be able to do the next test drive - the 60-80kmh runs. From this point on they are all pretty trivial but the project plan shows one resource (me) and the tasks are all in series. (Lenze is the motor controller.)

No comments: