This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Second Drive (first major drive)

On Sunday afternoon I was finally ready for Laurel and I to get in the Vogue and see how it went at more than 16 km/h (first drive). There is a lot to tell here, but I'll start with two of the uncut videos.

Then out the driveway.

We ended up with seven videos so I'll have to do some editing soon to put them together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your second drive. I have been following your exploits quietly in the background as I hope to attempt something similar in the future. Your restoration has been great to follow. Des Molloy

Johny said...

Thanks Des, kind words. I know this sounds weird, but you don't happen to have a garage in Ivanhoe?