This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rear Wheel Rims Outside Edge Done

Small steps I know.
I managed to get two coats of glossy black on the outside of both rear wheel rims last night.
According to the spray can you can recoat after one hour but before two hours - or wait 24 hours. I recoated after 1 hour and it appeared to work well.

I carted the wheels inside in front of the space heater for 1/2 hour before spraying (then took them outside to spray) as it was getting cold outside. It was clever of me (not!) to figure out that I could mask up two wheels at once just by using more newspaper and tape.

No comments: